Chewy Chocolate Chunk Cookies
With Macadamia Nuts
Will Fill a Small Cookie Jar
2 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/2 granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups bittersweet chocolate chunks
1 cup coarsely chopped unsalted macadamia nuts
• Preheat oven to 375°F.
• Combine flour, salt, and baking soda in a small bowl.
• Using a mixer, cream the butter, both sugars, and vanilla extract until smooth.
• Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each.
• Add the flour mixture in 1/2-cup increments, mixing at low speed until incorporated.
• Stir in the chocolate chunks and macadamia nuts by hand.
• Drop rounded teaspoonfuls onto nonstick baking sheets or lightly greased sheet pans (try to refrain from eating dough).
• Bake until golden brown, about 9 minutes for chewy cookies. Let cool on the baking sheets, and get milk.