Secret Agent Raspberry Bars
Makes about 30 squares
3/4 cup softened butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 3/4 cups flour
1/3 cup chopped pecans
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
8 ounces (1 cup) seedless raspberry preserves
1/2 cup sweetened, flaked coconut
• Preheat oven to 350°F.
• Using a mixer, beat together butter and sugar at medium speed.
• Add flour and mix well.
• Add chopped pecans, almond extract, and salt, stirring until the flour mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
• Reserve 1 cup of the flour mixture and press the remainder into the bottom of an ungreased 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
• Spread raspberry preserves evenly over the crust.
• Sprinkle the reserved flour mixture over the preserves.
• Sprinkle the coconut over the top.
• Bake until the crust and topping are golden, 25 to 30 minutes.
• Let cool and cut into squares.
• In the unlikely event there are any leftovers, store in an airtight container.